A couple months ago we were so excited about the iPad launch we could barely sleep. Since then, it’s our developers who have been robbed of their sleep creating an all new Kobo HD eReader to match the revolutionary design of the iPad. Not only did we choose to lead with great design but we also added some very cool features to our new iPad app that we plan to bring to our other platforms.
Well the wait is finally over! We are proud to announce that today Kobo has arrived on the iPad as the first third-party eReading application available on Apple’s iPad App Store . As we say, Kobo will be on any device people use to read – and iPad is no exception.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what makes the Kobo iPad app rock:
• It’s FREE: We want everyone to be able to enjoy Kobo on the iPad.
• Full use of iPad’s large screen: The app provides an immersive eReading experience.
• Original books – no standardizing of content: For the first time, all books read on the iPad will be full ePub files, as intended by the author, editor and publisher. We also offer a feature that will let you apply our hand-tuned, optimized reading experience).
• Anytime, anywhere reading: Reading offline is now easier than ever. In the Kobo iPad app, offline is the default, so the book is always on your device.
• Add your own flair: Personalize your bookshelf with nifty designs and pick one of our eight unique bookmarks (we like the monkeys the best) or custom book shelves. We’ve already been getting requests.
• Read the books you’ve already bought: We broke all our sales records in the last few days, so we know a lot of you have been buying new books. You can read those on your iPad without having to buy again from those ‘other guys’.
Kobo for iPad is yet another option for eReading from the Kobo service, in addition to our apps for iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm Pre, and Android-based smartphones, tablets, eReaders, the Kobo eReader, web, netbooks and more… phew.
Since this is the first version of the app available on iPad, please know we’ll continue to optimize it and ensure you are getting the best eReading experience possible. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll incorporate your ideas in to a future version. Off to the Apple store…
Get it first: http://bit.ly/duW0ic