5 things to read this weekend
August 07, 2015
Summer is peak season for reading. Here are a few hot reads to keep you going:
- Vanity Fair's Best-Dressed List has arrived! Find out who made the cut in this highly anticipated annual special.
- Get lost in Kelley Armstrong’s thrilling new "eSerial" City of the Lost. Read the book that has dominated our bestseller charts all summer. Part one is only $0.99!
- Still haven’t gotten your fill of thrill? James Patterson’s explosive new novel, Alert, explores what happens when every New Yorker’s worst nightmare is about to become a reality.
- Fancy a bit of fiction with your history? Pick up Villa America, a fictional imagining of the real lives of Americans Sara and Gerald Murphy who, in the heady years of 1920s France, presided over a group of expatriate writers, painters, singers and dancers--including Pablo Picasso and Cole Porter, Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos and F. Scott Fitzgerald. A must-read for fans of The Paris Wife and Above All Things.
- Dive into something that’s short and sweet (and weird) with newly released work from Japan’s greatest living author, Haruki Murakami. These debut short novels, Hear the Wind Sing and Pinball, 1973, are newly re-translated and in one English-language volume for the first time--with a new introduction by Haruki himself.