KOBO BRINGS BOOKS TO LIFE WITH KOBO PULSE™
Kobo Pulse comes to Reading Life™, Plus eBook Integration with Facebook®
eReading’s about to get more social. This fall, you’ll be able to gauge the pulse of a book with Kobo Pulse, an exciting addition to Kobo’s social reading platform Reading Life!
With Kobo Pulse you can:
• Feel the life of a book: Watch a book’s pulse get stronger as comments are added and more readers are reading!
• Get more out of reading: See what others thought of what you just read and get interesting stats, such as how many others are reading with you.
• Connect with others: Connect with friends and a community of almost 5 million Kobo readers around the world!
• Join the conversation: Like or dislike a book, comment on memorable passages and contribute to ongoing discussions while you read.
Kobo Pulse and Reading Life are also integrated with Facebook! Today you can share what you’re reading, your favourite passages and even your Reading Life awards with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter. Soon, as announced at Facebook’s innovative F8 conference last week, we’ll be introducing even more amazing social reading possibilities!
Here’s a quick look at some of the new Facebook integration features we’re working on:
• Discover a book’s DNA through your timeline.
• Follow your friends’ reading activity.
• Customize privacy settings for books.
• Automate your eReading ticker with updates like reading a new book, annotations, face or place, earning an award and more!
• Create new profile call-outs for recently read books, most read authors, books that have been read for the greatest number of minutes and recent awards.
• Invite more friends to share their Reading Life with a single tap!
Kobo Pulse will be available free internationally through the Kobo eReading app for iPhone and iPad, and soon through Android, Kobo eReaders and additional platforms.
Watch out for the new Facebook features over the coming months!
For more on Kobo Pulse, click here >>
For more on Kobo’s F8 announcement, click here >>
See Kobo CEO Mike Serbinis and Product Owner Jason Gamblen interviewed live at F8 here >>