If you read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, you may have noticed some changes in your Kobo library since a recent iOS system update.
As part of iOS 5, the system automatically purges data from your device when it runs out of disk space. Unfortunately, when this happens, your books will be deleted from your library without your permission – meaning you will have to re-download your books again.
To avoid your books being deleted, we recommend that you update to the latest version of the Kobo app (version 5.1) AND upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 as we’ve included a fix for this.
To upgrade your device to iOS 5.0.1:
1. Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer.
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Under Devices, click on your iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch.
4. Click on the “Check for update” button and follow the instructions.
To update the Kobo app to 5.1:
1. Launch the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
2. Tap “Updates” in the bottom menu bar.
3. Tap ‘Update’ beside the Kobo app.
Our latest version of the Kobo app allows you to retain the last 10 books you’ve read.
To access these Kobo settings:
1. From your home screen, tap “Settings.”
2. Scroll down to “Apps” and tap “Kobo.” Your Settings are visible under the “Storage” heading.
3. Under “Permanently Store”, choose “10 most recent items.”
Also, to help you manage your library and maintain the best eReading experience, our latest update includes an auto-alert to warn you that your device is near full capacity as well as a notification to let you know that the system has removed your books.
If you have any questions or concerns we would like to hear from you. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Get Help at www.kobobooks.com/help