Did you know Kobo was the first to offer gift cards for eBooks? Kobo gift cards can be purchased from select Kobo retail partners or you can send virtual eGift cards at http://www.kobo.com/egiftcards. These gift cards can be used to purchase any eBook, single-issue magazine, or comic available at the Kobo eBookstore.
In addition to Kobo gift cards, the Kobo store accepts gift cards from Chapters-Indigo and WHSmith.
Using a physical gift card
- Once you’ve decided what books you want to buy, click the Buy Now button.
- If you don’t see an option for entering gift card information, click “Have a promo code? Use Standard Checkout”
- Then click “Have a gift card? Use it here”.
- Select the type of gift card you have from the dropdown menu.
- Fill in the required information.
- For Kobo gift cards, you will enter the pin code under the scratch pad
- For Indigo & WH Smith gift cards, you will enter the 19-digit card number as well as the pin code under the scratch pad.
- Click Apply.
- Click Continue to complete your purchase.
Using a Kobo eGift card
Kobo eGift cards are virtual cards. They are purchased online from the Kobo store (www.kobo.com/egiftcards) and sent to the recipient by email.
When you receive an eGift card, simply click Apply to Account in the email and follow the easy steps to complete the redemption. The eGift card will be applied to your Kobo account and will be available for use for your next Kobo purchase.
There are a few things you should know about gift cards at Kobo…
- If the amount of the gift card is less than the purchase price of the books, the amount remaining can be paid through your credit card or online payment system such as PayPal where available.
- If the gift card amount is more than the price of the books, one of two things will happen:
- If it’s an Indigo or WH Smith card, the remaining balance will be left on the card for later use.
- If it’s a Kobo card, the remaining balance will be added to your Kobo account as a store credit. It will be available for your next purchase
- Gift card amounts are always applied after any promo codes and store credits have been used to ensure that you’re getting the best value possible.
- Currently, only one gift card can be used per checkout.
- Kobo Gift Cards do not expire
- Gift cards can only be used on Kobo digital content purchases.