You’ve got the story, but now what? Get the inside scoop on self-publishing with Kobo’s Top 5 Tips for success!
1. People do judge books by their covers! The old idiom doesn’t stand true when it comes to buyer behavior. You need to stand out from the crowd and an eye-catching cover can set you apart and draw in readers!
2. Play with the price. As a Kobo Writing Life author you are in control of your pricing strategy. Using loss leaders or price drops can have a powerful effect on your overall number of sales, resulting in more attention, and more readers!
3. The world is your oyster. Kobo sells in 190 countries around the world, and your readers could be in any of them! Translate your eBooks to increase your reach even further. Who knows, you could be a top-seller in Fiji—and on your way to a comfy vacation home!
4. Leverage your network. Your communities are your advocates. Use social networks like Facebook and Twitter to tell people about your book. Add links to your Kobo eBooks to your social channels, to make buying your eBook as easy as possible. And keep building your communities to widen your net!
5. Become a BIG FISH in a small pond. You might not be in the top 50 overall bestsellers, but perhaps you’re in the top 10 of a specific category, such as Historical Fiction, Family & Relationships or Travel. Take the lead and use it to share the excitement through marketing campaigns and promotions.
See how other self-published superstars, have put these tips into practice here!
And don’t forget to check out some great indie writers who are making waves with their Kobo Writing Life reads:
- Terry Goodkind – The First Confessor
- Bella Andre – The Look of Love
- Barbara Freethy – One True Love
- Hugh Howey – WOOL
- Joseph Nassise – The Templar Chronicles (Omnibus)
- Blake Crouch – Run
- Paula Todd – Finding Karla: How I Tracked Down an Elusive Serial Child Killer and Discovered a Mother of Three
- Phyllis Smallman – Margarita Nights
- David H. Burton – Broken: A Paranormal Romance
- Katy Leen – The First Faux Pas: A Lora Weaver Mystery