At BookNet Canada’s Technology Forum 2010, I condensed down 12 months of learnings, lessons, mistakes, and improvements into 40 minutes (ok, maybe 45.) This also had pieces from the “missing” Tools of Change presentation* that I couldn’t give in February, so it’s really two presentations in one. So rather than having to fire up your own hyperdynamic, warp-speed-running ebook startup, you can get the benefit of all of our best insights from the comfort of your own home. So make some popcorn, grab a soda, sit back, and let the ebook extravaganza begin!
- Two early mistakes we made and how we fixed them
- 5 things that every publisher must have to win in ebooks
- Why Kobo jumped into the eInk game with the $149 eReader
- A day (and a week!) in the life of a digital reader
- The answer to the age-old question: “If Charlotte Bronte fought Stephenie Meyer, who would win?”
- The four other meanings for Kobo.
*That TOC presentation is going to be my equivalent to the Beach Boys’ Smile — lost, always hinted at, glimpsed in fragments, never completely reassembled.