It’s a good feeling to be first, and that’s why today is a really exciting day for readers around the world and everyone at Kobo. After much speculation, the new Samsung GALAXY Tab has just been announced by Samsung’s CEO in Berlin, and Kobo is THE eReading application powering the ‘Readers Hub’ on the new Android tablet.This partnership is an industry first for Kobo and Samsung, offering the first eReading experience on an Android Tablet to readers worldwide. Check out Samsung’s official news release here – This just happened, so stay tuned for more official updates to come.
This is a HUGE WIN for Kobo! Samsung is a global leader – a world class organization that touches billions of consumers worldwide. The GALAXY Tab is an amazing device and will be a real contender in the marketplace as consumers everywhere adopt tablets. To have been selected as THE eReading application that powers the ‘Readers Hub’ on this device is simply incredible.
Let me be the first to tell you that the reading experience on the GALAXY Tab is amazing. It’s ultra-light (380g) with a beautiful 7” TFT-LCD display that’s perfect for a quick read or hours of escape. The Kobo app will be preloaded on devices globally, so consumers can enjoy eReading the world over. Samsung GALAXY Tab customers will have wireless access to Kobo’s extensive catalog of more than 2.2 million eBooks, featuring New York Times best sellers, the latest new releases from top authors around the globe, and over one million free titles ranging from 18th century romance novels to thrillers and more.
As always, we’ve made sure that the Kobo app, designed specifically for the GALAXY Tab leverages the unique features of the device and is easy to use for all readers. Some of the key features include:
• Choice: The Kobo store offers over 2.2 million popular titles, including hot new releases and 1.8 million free books. There’s something to suit every reader, and we are adding thousands more each week.
• Easy navigation: Tap or swipe to turn pages, scroll through your book, or use the Table of Contents to jump between sections.
• Customizable: Personalize your reading experience by choosing the perfect text size and style for your eyes, or switch between day and night reading mode.
• Viewing options: Simply turn your Samsung GALAXY Tab to switch from landscape to portrait view.
• Find books easily: Browse our extensive selection of categories and recommended reading lists.
• Read Anywhere: Kobo also offers free reading apps for computers, smartphones, eReaders and other devices, so you can always access your library from any device. Watch for the Kobo app preloaded on Samsung Smartphones too!
• International titles: Kobo is rapidly acquiring titles in the European and Asia-Pacific areas, to deliver choice to readers around theworld.
• Own your books: Kobo supports EPUB, PDF, and Adobe DRM, so you can purchase and download books from other sources and add them to your Kobo library.
Consumers have clearly demonstrated that they want to read digitally on a variety of devices, and we couldn’t be more pleased to power eReading on this new world-class tablet from Samsung. This is just the beginning, so stay tuned for more announcements as the Samsung GALAXY Tab makes its way into the world.