Kobo, a global eReading service, today announced a strategic new partnership in Hong Kong with Swindon Book Co., Ltd./Kelly & Walsh, bringing the region its first high-quality, affordable and name brand eReader. The Kobo Wireless eReader is now available at Swindon Book Co. Ltd. Retail outlets and online at www.swindonbooks.com. Priced at just $1,550 HKD, the stylized, Kobo Wireless eReader provides value and functionality.
Swindon Book Co., Ltd. is HK’s leading English language bookstore. Like Kobo, Swindon is passionate about reading and helping customers explore and embrace their reading preferences. Today Swindon brings its customers the old and the new — hosting the Fourth International Antiquarian Bookfair at Hong Kong’s Pacific Place Conference Center — and embracing digital books with the launch of the new Kobo Wireless eReader.
“There is an incredible appetite for eReaders and eBooks in Hong Kong but until today, a limited selection of over priced eReaders has curbed adoption,” said Chris Li of Swindon Book Co., Ltd. “By making the Kobo Wireless eReading easily available to customers at Swindon’s retail and online outlets, we are solving this problem and meeting customer demand.”
With the Kobo Wireless eReader customers can shop and read on the go choosing from Kobo’s global bookstore which offers more than 2.2 million titles, including today’s hottest new releases and best sellers, and over 1 million engaging free classics. The titles are currently available in English and affordably priced and customers are billed in HK dollars.
“Kobo’s global capabilities have been further demonstrated by our partnership with Swindon Books Ltd., in Hong Kong, where we have identified compelling organic growth potential,” said Michael Tamblyn, Kobo’s Executive Vice President of Content, Sales and Merchandising. “Kobo has been warmly welcomed by Hong Kong publishers and we look forward to adding local language content to our extensive catalogue in this market.”
Designed by book lovers, the Kobo Wireless eReader offers an exceptional customer experience featuring an eInk screen that reads like paper and is easy on the eyes, easy-to-use navigation with seamless page turns, and a modern design in three stylish colours – Onyx, Pearlized Lilac and Metallic Silver. The Kobo eReader comes pre-loaded with 100 classic books and can store up to 1000 eBooks. Its soft, quilted back allows for an enjoyable book-like reading experience.
More Information about the Kobo Wireless eReader:
- Built in Wireless: With WiFi 802.11 b/g it supports home networks, free networks and most commercial hotspots, like those in public places or coffee shops.
- Easy on the Eyes: The 6” E Ink screen with sharp 16-greyscale, looks and reads like paper, with no glare, even in bright sunlight.
- Long Battery Life: Lasts up to two weeks or 10,000 page turns on a single charge, with wireless turned off.
- The Biggest Selection Worldwide: Access the Kobo store featuring over 2.2 million eBooks plus, borrow the latest eBooks from public libraries or purchase from any store that supports the ePub standard.
- Easy to Use: Kobo’s elegant design makes eReading easy with minimal buttons and no distractions to get in the way of diving into a great read.
- Light and Compact: Just 10 mm thick and weighing less than 221 grams, the Kobo Wireless eReader is as small as a paperback.
- Unique Quilted Back: The device’s signature quilted back adds superior comfort and style to the design and overall reading experience.
- Holds up to 10000 eBooks: The device features 1 GB of built in memory allowing for 1000 eBooks, with capacity of up to 10000 eBooks with the addition of an SD card.
- Customized Your Read: Choose from five font sizes and two font styles.
- Dictionary: Built in dictionary makes looking up definitions easy!
- Your Books Forever: You will always be able to access your library online or by connecting any supported device to your account. Additionally, you can download your eBooks to your desktop for backup.
- Read Your Documents on Kobo: Drag and drop PDF files to your Kobo to read long reports, catch up on work or homework.
Swindon Book Co., Ltd. is an established leader in the books and stationery trade having started business in Hong Kong in 1918. The retail outlets are strategically located in prime business and residential districts. Associated companies are Hong Kong Book Centre and Kelly & Walsh Ltd. Besides retail, the company acts as distributor for several books and stationery companies. In addition to our retail stores, we actively service academic institutions, professional associations and industrial organizations in Hong Kong and overseas through our mail order department. More details: http://www.swindonbooks.com/
About Kobo, Inc.
Kobo is a global eReading service backed by majority shareholder Indigo Books & Music, Borders Group, REDgroup Retail, and Cheung Kong Holdings. Kobo believes consumers should be able to read any book on any device. With a catalog of over 2.2 million eBooks, newspapers and magazines, and an open platform, Kobo enables retailers, device manufacturers and mobile operators to bring the joy of eReading to customers everywhere. For more information, visit www.kobo.com.