We’ve had a busy couple of weeks here at Shortcovers:
- We celebrated the release of the biggest eBook of the year
- We launched an insanely popular new version of our Blackberry application
- We added support for downloading ePub files for offline reading, or reading on your dedicated eInk reader
And tonight we have one more thing for you – Shortcovers for iPhone 2.0.
At long, long last, after 8.5 weeks in the iTunes App Store approval process, Shortcovers v2.0 for iPhone is available for download!
Why is this a big deal?
Our users have been fantastic — providing us with suggestions, ideas, things they’d love to see, things that drive them crazy. This feedback guided us in putting together this release. Having been lucky enough to spend the last few weeks reading on a coveted early-release version, I can safely say it’s a whole new, radically improved experience.
- A fully browsable store on your iPhone — check out books by category, browse bestseller lists, and check out new releases in a wide range of categories without ever leaving the app;
- Covers everywhere — a full-screen cover when you start a book, covers on all of our lists, a “cover only” view of the books you’ve purchased;
- Offline reading, with full titles saved to the device, but with everything still also safely stored in the cloud in case you move to another device, drop your iPhone in a lake (it’s happened!) or want to switch to the web and pick up right where you left off;
- New page-turn animations and reading display options;
- Bug fixes and performance improvements galore.
We think this release is another great step forward in creating a reading experience that enriches your reading life without complicating it, that allows you to bring more books, more choice, and more reading with you wherever you go. We hope you like it. Keep sending us feedback — here on the blog, via @shortcovers on twitter or to email@example.com. There is even more great stuff on the way. Enjoy!